ElringKlinger is looking for a
IT Service Desk
We, the IT group at ElringKlinger, are looking for a level 1 and 2 IT service desk team member to provide global enterprise-level assistance to all ElringKlinger employees. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our employees find resolutions.
Service desk team members’ responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give employees quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our employees trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
If you are looking for a global team that is fun to work with, a challenging environment that encourages individual responsibility, and a place that allows their employees to find the right balance between office and remote work you are right for us!
****Candidate may work out of Buford, GA or San Antonio, TX location****
- Be the direct point of contact for local site administrators
- Research, identify, and document solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask employee targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Take employees through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Participate in regional hardware and software implementation projects
- Be a backup when local site administrators are out of office and provide on-site support when required
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
In particular, they value ElringKlinger’s flat hierarchies, open culture of communication, and attractive prospects for career advancement as well as the opportunity to make a direct contribution to the business and to work independently within an international environment. Our joint ambition: to drive the future.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply online only.
ElringKlinger USA, Inc.